In most cases, consumer products are made well and consumers can enjoy their purchased products without concerns about safety. However, in some instances, a defective product can make its way onto a store shelf and have the potential to cause injuries or even death.
Injured consumers may sue the product manufacturer for injuries suffered from utilizing the product. In New Jersey, if you received injuries from a defective product, you should contact the Product Liability Lawyers with offices in Oakhurst, Howell, and Toms River, who will examine your case and help you obtain the highest amount of compensation for your injuries.
The New Jersey Product Liability Act of 1987
The New Jersey Product Liability Act oversees product liability claims and gives New Jersey consumers rights involving product liability cases. The statute requires manufacturers, retailers, and others who create products to make sure their creations are reasonably safe for the public and appropriate for the product’s purpose and intended use. The New Jersey Product Liability Act recognizes three types of defects in products, which include:
- Manufacturing Defects: A manufacturer can make mistakes in making a product. Proper steps were not followed during the manufacturing process, which created a defect that caused injury to a consumer.
- Design Defects: A design defect happens when there is a flaw in the product’s design that makes it unsafe for consumers.
- Not Revealing Warnings on Instructions: Not alerting the consumer of the potential consequences of not utilizing the product properly or failing to warn the public about possible dangers related to the product.
Proving a Product Defect Case
If one can prove that the companies or individuals involved did not uphold their duties to keep products reasonably safe, the injured person can sue the guilty parties. For an individual to win a product liability case, they must prove the following:
- Prove the product caused damage to them or their property
- Prove they suffered a quantifiable loss
- Prove the creator or distributor of the product was liable for the defective product
- Prove the defective product was unexpectedly dangerous
- Prove the accident or injury was not caused by carelessness or improper use of the product by the injured person
Compensation Awarded in a Product Liability Case
If one buys a defective product, that person may be compensated to replace the product. When someone wins a product liability case involving personal injury, the individual or family member may be compensated for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, or punitive damages (involving extreme negligent or irresponsible actions).
Contact Schibell Law with Offices in Oakhurst, Howell, and Toms River
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, you may suffer life-changing consequences. Injuries involving defective products can affect your health, income, family, and lifestyle. Not only can product malfunctions and defects leave you with permanent scars, but they also can create stress and uncertainty about the future. Allow a Product Liability Lawyer with offices serving all of New Jersey help put your life back on course. You deserve to be compensated fairly for your injuries and Schibell Law will do everything we can to help attain anything that you are entitled to.
The Product Liability Lawyers at Schibell Law will be with you every step of the way until the matter is solved and you obtain the compensation you deserve. Call 732-774-1000 for more information or to set up a free case evaluation.