With offices conveniently located in both Howell and Ocean, we are nearby to meet your needs. Our New Jersey personal injury lawyers handle a wide variety of cases, including car accidents, slip and fall injuries, work accidents, and medical malpractice.
If you have been injured, our legal team can help. We have the knowledge, skill, and experience to help you reach a successful legal outcome.
What is Personal Injury?
A personal injury lawsuit involves injury to your body. It can also include property damage and economic-based damages, such as lost wages.
The major claim, however, is usually based on a physical, mental, or emotional injury. Personal injury claims fall under an area of the law known as “tort law.”
Most personal injury cases are the result of an accident, but they can be intentional as well. There are two major parts to every personal injury case: liability and damages.
- Liability: This means that someone else is at fault or partially at fault for your injuries or damages.If this breach of duty caused you harm, you may be entitled to damages.
- Damages:No matter what type of personal injury your case involves, our lawyers will not rest until you have received full and fair compensation for your injuries.
The theory that applies in your case will depend on how your injury occurred. Regardless, each case still requires these two very basic requirements.
Personal Injury Law
Accidents happen all the time. Because they are common, many people believe that getting compensation is a given, or that these are easy cases to win.
In reality, personal injury cases are among the most complex cases in our legal system. Getting a fair result requires skill, effort, and a firm commitment to making sure no one has to pay for another person’s carelessness.
New Jersey personal injury attorneys at Schibell Law, LLC have decades of combined experience taking cases to trial and negotiating outstanding settlements for our clients and their families. When you put your case in our hands, you can rest easy knowing we’ve got your back and your best interests at heart.
Some of the main areas we serve can be found below:
- Ocean Township
- Toms River
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Because each case is different, this means the level and amount of damages will also differ.
You may be able to get compensation in your personal injury case for:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Loss of future physical abilities (including the loss of enjoyment of life)
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
- Loss of consortium/companionship
- Property loss or damage
Your personal injury case may have more or less categories of damages as well. Find out more by working with an experienced team of Oakhurst Personal Injury Lawyers.
The Cases We Handle
The personal injury team at Schibell Law handles a comprehensive range of personal injury cases, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites/animal attacks
- Nursing home negligence
- Products liability (defective products)
Frequently Asked Questions About Your Personal Injury Case
Here are general answers to some of the most common questions people ask after a personal injury. If you want answers about your situation, we will be happy to assist you, please call us at 732-774-1000 for your free consultation!
- Question 1 – Is there an attorney’s fee charged for the initial consultation or office visit?
- Question 2 – What is a contingency fee?
- Question 3 – What is a retainer fee agreement?
- Question 4 – Do I really need a lawyer to represent me in Municipal Court?
- Question 5 – Do I really need a lawyer to represent me on the purchase of my home or business?
- Question 6 – Do I have to listen to and follow my lawyer’s advice?
A Team of Experienced Oakhurst Personal Injury Lawyers on Your Side
If you have been injured, no matter what the reason, contact us online or call at 732-774-1000 to learn about how the legal team at Schibell Law, LLC can help you and your family.