Our Blog

What To Do If Your Employer Denies You Your Workers’ Compensation

Did you get injured at work, and you were denied your workers’ compensation? Maybe you proceeded to treat yourself, but you can’t afford the medical bills anymore, and you need someone to help? If that’s the case, there are some simple steps you need to take to get your workers’ compensation. Some employers care less about your wellbeing. Even when you’re still battling with your health as a result of the injury you sustained at the workplace, they might force you to return to work or risk losing your job. Now, you’re in the middle of choosing between your health or your job security. That’s not fair enough, and that’s why you should hire a Workers compensation attorney to help you out. Below are what you need to do if your employer denies you your workers’ compensation:

File a Formal Claim Petition In Your State

It is your right to be compensated when you are injured at the workplace. Also, your employer should not force you back to work until your doctor approves that you are sound enough for that. If your employer refuses to grant your compensation, the first thing you should do is to file a formal petition in your state. If you work in New Jersey, for instance, you should file your petition with the New Jersey Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC). If you do that, and the DWC still takes side with your employer, you should proceed immediately to appeal in the court.

Appealing In The Court

This is where you need the service of a Workers’ compensation attorney. If you want to appeal your case in court, it is not advisable to handle it yourself. You should instead hire an experienced workers’ compensation attorney to do that for you. Once you hire them, you’ll be required to explain how the injury occurred, and what steps you have taken so far to get your compensation. With such vital information, they will be able to build a strong case against your employer and charge them to court. If you hire the right attorney to handle your case, just relax and watch them fight for you. If your employer finally decides to offer you your compensation before you take the case to court, you should let your lawyer deal with them. This is important so that you get your full compensation.
If you can follow these simple tips, you should be able to get your workers’ compensation from your employer. You can also check https://www.schibelllaw.com/workers-compensation-attorney-new-jersey/ in case you need more information about things to do when your employer denies you your workers’ compensation.

Name: Schibell Law, LLC
Address: 1806 Highway 35 South Oakhurst, NJ 07755
Phone: 7327741000
Website: https://www.schibelllaw.com/

Social account URLs

Were you Hurt at Work?

If you've experienced a Work Injury, there are very important steps you must follow to insure your case has the best possible chance in getting the compensation you deserve. Follow these simple steps today!

Free Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy Review

Let one of our Experienced Attorneys review your auto insurance policy so you know exactly what your covered for.

Practice Areas

Proudly located in Monmouth County and serving clients all across New Jersey. Schibell Law LLC has attorneys standing by waiting to discuss your Personal Injury or Workplace Accident today.


3459 Route 9 North Howell, New Jersey 07731
Fax: 732-942-2480

Lets Review Your Case