Illnesses and accidents may happen on the job anywhere. If you develop an illness or experience an injury that keeps you from working, you may be entitled to Social Security Disability Benefits. Social Security Disability Benefits help pay your medical expenses and maintain a quality lifestyle for you and your family.
Dealing with the Social Security Administration and insurance firms can be daunting and challenging. While you concentrate on your health, a Social Security Benefits Lawyer in New Jersey can help you get the social security benefits that you and your family deserve.
Who Qualifies for Social Security Disability Benefits?
To qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits, one must have been employed in jobs covered by Social Security. According to the Social Security Administration (SSA), one must also have a medical or health issue that meets the SSA’s definition of disability, which includes:
- You cannot do the work that you did before;
- You cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
If an individual is receiving Social Security Disability Benefits at the time of his or her full retirement age, the disability benefits will automatically convert to retirement benefits. However, the amount of money the individual is receiving will remain the same.
Reasons for a Social Security Benefits Denial
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of initial claims are denied by the Social Security Administration. There are many different reasons for being denied social security disability benefits, which may include the following.
- An applicant earns too much money (monthly income should not exceed $1,170)
- Lack of compelling medical evidence to justify a claim
- The illness or disability is short-lived (under 12 months)
- Failure to follow a physician’s prescribed therapy and treatments
- Not communicating with the SSA
- Refusal to release medical records to the SSA
- A criminal conviction
- Drug or alcohol abuse is the cause of the disability
- Attempting to obtain disability benefits through fraudulent means
The SSA and private insurance firms are seeking ways to deny claims for disability. It is important to have the proper evidence to support your claim. The Social Security Benefits Lawyers at Schibell Law have the experience to present the required medical examinations and documents that will support your claim and work in your favor.
Get Legal Advice About Social Security Disability Benefits
If you have a disability that is keeping you from work, contact the reliable Social Security Disability Lawyers at Schibell Law, with offices located throughout New Jersey including Oakhurst, Howell, and Toms River. Their caring lawyers will help you navigate the Social Security Disability process and help you get the benefits you deserve. Schibell Law understands all areas of the SSA process, including applying for benefits, denials and appeals, court hearings, and other matters involving social security disability. The Social Security Disability Lawyers at Schibell Law will be with you every step of the way until you get the disability benefits you deserve. Call 732-774-1000 for more information or to set up a free case evaluation.